On the weekends we like to grill and make appetizers. These loaded potato skins were an outstanding addition to our Sunday spread. You can top them with a dollop of sour cream or a drizzle of your favorite ranch. Such a crowd pleaser!
Loaded Potato Skins
5-6 russet potatoes , cleaned and patted dry
2 tbsp melted butter
Tony’s or your favorite Cajun seasoning
3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
green onions, chopped (I used 3)
sour cream or ranch
1. Rub the potatoes with vegetable oil and salt the outside. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes until cooked thru.
2. Cut potatoes in half and scoop out most of the insides, leaving enough around the edge to have a firm shell.
3. Turn your oven to 425 degrees.
4. Mix the melted butter with a little bit of Cajun seasoning and garlic powder.
Baste the potato skins with the butter mixture and bake for about 15 minutes.
5. Then top them with shredded cheese and bacon pieces.
Bake for 5 more minutes until melted.
6. Take them out the oven and garnish with sour cream or ranch, green onions or chives.