We buy rotisserie chicken from the store almost weekly. I use the leftover shredded chicken for various meals and tonight I baked some Taquitos. The whole family loved them.
I cut up the chicken in small pieces. Put it in a skillet and seasoning it with taco seasoning. I added a little water then some salsa. I cooked it down for about 15 minutes until some of the liquid cooked out.
Time to assemble. Wrap them tight! Then place seam side down on a greased pan. (I always put parchment paper down )
After assembling them spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
Oven Baked Chicken Taquitos
rotisserie chicken (deboned and cut into small pieces)
1 taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup salsa (I love Mateo’s)
shredded cheddar cheese
6” tortillas (I used flour but you can use corn)
nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a skillet season chicken with taco seasoning, add water and salsa. Cook until some of the liquid cooks out, about 15 minutes.
3. To assemble the Taquitos, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I sprayed some oil on the paper. Heat up the tortillas in the microwave (makes them easier to roll.) Put about 3 tbsp of chicken mixture (try to strain most of the liquid) on tortilla and top with cheese. Roll tight and place seam side down on pan. Spray the Taquitos with cooking spray so they get crispy when baking.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden and crispy.
5. Serve with sour cream, salsa, guacamole. I also love it with homemade black beans.